Leah & Lara clothes are designed to be loose-fitting. You may notice that the clothes are available in size XS, S, M, L, XL and XXL.
The clothes available in six sizes are supposed to be true-to-size. It is highly advisable to read all the information given in the garment’s description prior to ordering.
To find the best fit possible, be sure to follow our sizing guide.
How to take my body measurements?
Before placing an order for Leah & Lara clothing, you should know your body measurements. Body measurements are taken with a soft measuring tape. You should wear light clothes such as jersey or underwear to get precise measurements. If you wear a bra, be sure to put on the best fitting one that you are going to wear under the selected garment.
- Measure your bust all the way around the fullest part of the bust. Do not breathe in at the moment of checking the measurement. The tape has to be snug and flat.
- Measure your waist at the narrowest part of your torso.
- Measure your hips around the fullest part of the bottom. Depending on your shape, the hip measurement may need to be taken around the fullest part of your thighs.
How to choose the right size?
Now when you know your basic measurements, you should compare them to the actual garment measurements, which are given in the description of each product.
A tight or slim fit may lead to unwanted wear or thinning out. Tension in the fabric may loosen the seams, so it is important that the garment does not feel tight around the bust, shoulders, and arms. Linen is a woven non-stretchy fabric, and some ease is highly important so you can move in the garment.
Your body measurements should be smaller than the measurements of a garment. Only the waist measurements of pants, shorts, and skirts have to be smaller than your waist because they would stretch.
Leah & Lara designs are based on the European sizing chart, in cm (see below).
We also recommend measuring your clothes for comparison.
We can do the following changes to certain garments:
- Make a garment longer or shorter
- Make sleeves longer or shorter
- Make the neckline deeper or higher
- Change the placement of the waist seam.
Not all changes are possible because our clothing is made according to sewing patterns.